by Shahinur Islam
Videos are the most powerful tools to communicate our messages, especially for business purposes. They keep our personal memories or boost our own business. For that purpose, first you need to make a video, upload it on your page, and then engage more viewers into them.
How to make a Facebook video
Facebook videos are like regular videos and not different from You Tube, Dailymotion or other videos. But you should upload quality videos on your Facebook page with a purpose in mind. To do that, keep the following points in mind:
- You can use your cellphone or video camera to make a video, which you can later edit and upload on Facebook.
- Keep it short. Two minutes or shorter is best.
- Make it look professional. Use tight editing and good lighting in the video.
- Have movement in the first two to three seconds. This will draw the attention of people who have Autoplay.
- Facebook has recently added a live video option. You can also use this option to go live with some events in real time and post it on your page.
- Also, you can download online free slideshow maker or use Facebook page “create slideshow’’ feature to make videos with still photos.
- Edit your video so that you can choose a good thumbnail.
- If you have video editing software like Corel Video, Adobe Premiere, etc., it gives you everything. You can add small clips, music or songs you like, and then apply text, and effects. That’s it. Looks more professional!
Note: Don’t forget to add text, text effects, video effects, background music, or songs related to your business topic.
How To Publish Facebook Videos
Once your video is ready, you can go to your Facebook page and click “upload photos/video” option. Find your video stored on computer or flash drive. Click post. Done! Make sure your purpose is to boost the video. Before you publish it, write the following three things:
- A great title: Write a catchy title, which will grab viewers’ attention.
- Keywords: Write some keywords. It will help people find your video through Facebook search engine.
- Description: Add some additional information here to attract views.
How to Increase Engagement On Your Facebook Page
The job is not done yet. Once you have uploaded and published your video on your Facebook page, get ready to engage more and more viewers into it. More viewers, more success!
8 Ways to Use Facebook Video for More Engagement:
- Inspire viewers: Inspire people by writing something, replying to their comments, and calling for sharing it.
- Educate your audience: Let people know what the video is about, what they can learn.
- Be entertaining: Add some relevant, interesting elements to your video and also use smiley icons to reply to people’s reactions.
- Create a playlist: It controls people’s views through your videos.
- Use the “Watch Video” Call-to-Action: It allows you to draw viewers to a video on your website from your page.
- Boost important videos with an Ad: It will make your video go further. Grow your customers by targeting new audience.
- Engage into the next video: Show in the last part of your uploaded video an upcoming webinar, event, competition, discount or promotion.
- Tag featured members: Tag a friend or even brand in your video. Start typing the name of the business or friend in the “In this video” field. Facebook will then help people find the person or brand’s profile.
Facebook website also has some important tips to engage more people to your video. They are as belows:
Relate words to pictures
- Use high-quality photos that represent your business or products, or lifestyle images of people interacting with them
- Keep your sentences short and instructive. Add a call to action on your Boosted Posts like “shop now” or “buy today” to let people know what you’d like them to do.
- Test different photos and messages to see which ones your audience responds to most.
- Keep your creative Refreshed.
- Test which posts work best and review their performance. Boost different posts with the same objective, but switch the photos and copy.
Be consistent in the quality and types of ongoing posts you create and help your audience know what kinds of messages to expect from you.
Target your Posts
To target your page audience, the easiest way is go to the top of your Page. Click Settings, then click Post Targeting and Privacy and check the box.
When you’re done, select the target icon in the bottom left corner and click Add Targeting
Target your post based on gender, interests, age, location and more. This way, you’ll be able to see how many people your post could potentially reach.
Review post performance. Get a better understanding of who the most engaged people are regularly visiting your page. Once you know who your most engaged audience is, you can refine your Boosted Posts to appeal to them and adjust your targeting accordingly.
Embed Facebook Videos in Blog Posts
Facebook videos have an Embed feature available just like on YouTube. The videos play in the blog posts and someone can also easily see all of the comments and interaction on the post itself.
To embed Facebook video, first go to the full video post. Click on the date stamp on the post or go into the Video tab and select the video. Select the Embed Post link on the right sidebar.
When you click Embed Post, a box will pop up. Now you can copy and paste the code onto a blog post or website.