Aspiring Canadian Poets Contest
Aspiring Canadian Poets Contest are seeking entries from legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec).
Their website says the following:
- Legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Adults only (entrants must be the age of majority in their province or territory of residence).
- Contest winners will be required to show proof of age and residency.
- Not a previous winner (1st, 2nd or 3rd place) of this contest.
- The contest is open to unpublished and self-published creative writers only, not to creative writers who have had their prose or poetry published by a traditional publisher.
- By entering this contest, you claim that you are an “unpublished or self-published writer”, as defined above.
- By entering this contest, you claim that your poem is your original work. As such, it does not violate the copyright or intellectual property rights of others, or any applicable laws. If an entry is submitted that is not an original work, the contest entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless the contest organizer and all individuals affiliated to the Aspiring Canadian Poets Contest from any resulting legal action.
- The contest Sponsor, Aspiring Canadian Writers Contests Inc., reserves the right to amend entrant and entry requirements, adjust any dates or time frames, replace or add a judge(s) or mentor(s), and limit the number of entrants at any time.
- By entering this contest, you accept that all decisions made by the contest judge(s) are final. Judging decisions may not be challenged by a contest entrant and may also not be challenged by another individual (whether that individual is a contest entrant or not) acting on an entrant’s or on their own behalf.
- Entrants are forbidden from attempting to contact the contest judge(s) & mentor(s) regarding contest entries and in doing risk disqualification, as determined by the contest Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- Each prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable into cash. No substitutions except at the contest Sponsor’s option. Online mentoring sessions to be claimed and completed by the top 3 contest winners within the time frame set by the contest Sponsor and the judge/mentor.
- The contest Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions or Internet traffic congestion resulting in the failure to receive a contest entry.
- The contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withdraw, suspend or amend this contest in any way in the event of a cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest.
- By entering this contest, you claim that you qualify as a contest entrant by meeting all Entrant Requirements (listed above) and by accepting all terms and conditions (listed above).
- One entry per person
- One poem per entry
- Poem length not to exceed 60 lines
- English language only
- Poem did not win first, second, or third place in another contest or competition
- No contest entry fee
- Submissions will be accepted from April 1, 2017 to June 1, 2017 only. Contest closes at 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time, June 1, 2017. Contest winners will be announced on/around October 31, 2017 and notified before this date.
How To Enter
- Step 1: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, e-mail address, phone number, and just the title of the poem (not the poem you will submit) in the text field of the e-mail. The subject line should read: Contest entrant 2017. Do not send your contact info and the name of your poem in an e-mail attachment. All information should appear in the text / message area of your e-mail. No attachments please. An automated e-mail reply will confirm receipt of your contact information.
- Step 2: Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your poem appearing directly in the text / message area of your e-mail. Do not send your contest entry poem in an e-mail attachment. Please be respectful of our concern about computer virus transmission. The subject line should read: Contest poem 2017. An automated e-mail reply will confirm your submission to the contest.
To know more in detail, you can go to their website: http://www.aspiringpoetscontest.org/How-To-Enter.html