2018 Griffin Poetry Prize
The Griffin Trust for Excellence in Poetry is inviting poetry books published between January 1 and June 30, 2017 for 2018 Griffin Poetry Prize from the publishers in Canada and around the world. To be eligible for the International prize, the publisher must send a first-edition book of poetry.
The first deadline is June 30, 2017 and the second deadline for the books published between July 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 is December 31, 2017.
Below is what their website exactly says:
- Entries must come from publishers only. Inquiries about entries must also come from publishers only.
(Please note that the Griffin Trust For Excellence In Poetry is not a publishing company. If you are interested in learning more about companies around the world that publish poetry, we invite you to take a look at our database of publishers who have submitted entries to the Griffin Poetry Prize since the prize’s inception. Writers’ organizations and poetry associations often offer useful publishing resources, and we provide links to some of them here.)
- Publishers are welcome to enter an unlimited number of titles. Please click here to download an Entry Form and a complete version of the Rules.
- The Griffin Poetry Prize, valued at C$200,000, is awarded annually in two categories – International and Canadian. Each prize is worth C$65,000. In each category, the prize is for the best collection of poetry in English published during the preceding year. One prize goes to a living Canadian poet or translator, the other to a living poet or translator from any country, which may include Canada. C$10,000 goes to each shortlisted poet who reads at the annual Griffin Poetry Prize Shortlist Readings in Toronto, Canada.
- To be eligible for the International prize, a book of poetry must be a first-edition collection (i.e. not previously published in any country), written in English, or translated into English, by a poet/translator from any part of the world, including Canada. To be eligible for the Canadian prize, a book of poetry must be a first-edition collection (i.e. not previously published in any country), written in English or translated into English by a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada.
- No self-published book is eligible. This requirement is consistent with major literary prizes around the world.
- Books must have been published in English during the calendar year preceding the year of the award.
- For the 2018 Griffin Poetry Prize, books must be published between January 1st and December 31st, 2017. The deadline for submissions for the 2018 Griffin Poetry Prize are:June 30, 2017 for books published between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017;December 31, 2017 for books published between July 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.To learn more about the prize, please visit their website: http://www.griffinpoetryprize.com/2018-griffin-poetry-prize-deadline-1-of-2-for-entries/