2017 Newcastle Poetry Prize
Hunter Writers Centre is inviting poetry from the Australian citizens and permanent residents for 2017 Newcastle Poetry Prize. The prize pool is over $22,000.
First prize: $15 000
Second prize: $5 000
Third prize: $1 000
Below is what the website says:
Entry Terms and Conditions
- Entries close at 8pm EST, Friday 30th June 2017
Your poem must not include your name or any identifying marks. This means any word that the judges can link directly to you. Names of places and/or first names of people are, on the whole, acceptable. Just be sure there are no words that identify you as the poet. Poems featuring your name or identifying marks will be immediately disqualified.
Entry is online only. Attach your poem as a .pdf or Word document file via the entry form (left).
4. Entries must be the original work of the applicant and must not be published in any form or currently offered for publication or submitted for any other prize. All authors must provide their own name on the entry form for administrative purposes. If you would prefer your poem to be published under a pseudonym, please note it on the entry form.
- Entrants may submit more than one poem. There is no limit on number of entries. A separate entry form, and separate entry fee of $34.00 (incl. GST) must accompany each entry.
You must acknowledge any quotes from other writers that you use.
The line limit is 200 maximum. The 200 line limit includes titles and any sub-headings. There is no minimum.
A suite of poems as one entry must clearly be a connected group of poems intended to be read as a whole.
Entrants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. You can reside anywhere in the world.
10. Staff of Hunter Writers Centre and their family members are not eligible to enter the Newcastle Poetry Prize competition.
- Entrants must be aged over 18 years.
The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into with either the judges, the staff or the board of the Hunter Writers Centre or the University of Newcastle.
Award winners may be required to participate in media-related events associated with the competition.
To read more and enter the contest, please visit: http://www.hunterwriterscentre.org/2017-npp-entry-form.html